Monday, August 29, 2011

Pre-Flight Q&A

I don't know where to start. I've never really written about myself before. I don't know how to do it. If it's medical marijuana cooperatives or flailing Ohio congressmen or terrible children's movies you're looking for, I'm your man. But me? Color me clueless.

Well, since this blog is supposed to chronicle me and my trip, I decided it's best to just hit the ground running, because running is good for your lungs, and lungs are used in talking—about yourself. Sort of like writing about yourself, but with more sneezing, probably. So, I sat down with myself for a brief Q&A to break the ice and get the synapses firing and the pixels flowing as this Great Experiment begins. 

What did you have for breakfast today?

A piece of toast, an egg, an apple, and a coffee. It was kind of late for breakfast—more of a brunch, really.

Wow! That sounds delicious—just like something I would eat for breakfast/brunch. 

Really? That's amazing! But I didn't tell you the full story. I actually carved a hole in the middle of the slice of bread and put the egg inside, then toasted it in a frying pan. I've heard it called "Egg in a Hole" in certain culinary circles.

Oh, yes. Egg in a Hole is one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast. And yes, that is definitely the correct term for it. Don't let anybody try to tell you it's called "Egg in a Basket" or whatever.

Seriously. Those people are kooks.

OK, on to "Real Topics." Aren't you supposed to be in Europe right now?

Yes! I was supposed to land in Kyiv earlier today, but my flights got all screwed up because of Hurricane Irene. So I'm stuck here in Seattle until Thursday (probably). On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I have the entirety of Expedia's hold playlist memorized. I'm available for parties!

What are you doing in Kyiv?

What are you doing in Kyiv?

Oh, behave!

I got a job teaching English to what I'm told are "young adults." I've never taught before, but I've seen "Stand and Deliver" at least twice, which gives me every reason to believe I'm qualified to do this.

Do people eat eggs in Ukraine?

Yes, but I believe they call it "maize."

Cultural differences! Are you ready for that kind of shock?

No. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. I'm pretty sure I'm insane for doing this. But that's OK! Bring it on.

What are you going to post on this blog?

Probably a lot of cellphone pictures and half-drunk ramblings (or both at the same time). Sometimes I'll try to post some real pictures from my real camera from real excursions or whatever.

Anything else people should know?

You can "follow" this blog by clicking on the little "join this site" button on the right. You can also comment by using your keyboard to put words in the little box below each post.

Oh! You can also follow me on the Twitter here. I don't use it very often, but I promise to try if you promise to try. Let's do this together. Yes we can!


3 comments:

  1. яйця в кошик! нахабні суки.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eu quero que tudo vá muito bem para você. Até logo meu amigo, cuide-se muito :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kucinich is hecka tight

    ReplyDelete